Client Services Manager, Global Trade & Receivables Finance
Employment Type: Regular
The jobholder is responsible for managing the trade service helpdesk and to organize, lead, coach and motivate the inbound/outbound team to ensure delivery of consistently high quality service to business customers. Specific tasks include managing daily operations and implementing service indicators, managing personnel and overseeing compliance and regulatory requirements.
Impact on the Business
- Ensure smooth implementation of Client Service team in GTRF Canada.
- Deliver on Client Service model by coordinating transition from reactive to proactive service proposition.
- Focus on revenue generation, through identifying business opportunities and maximizing wallet shares
- Ensure consistent and high-quality experience for customers.
- Implement call center discipline to ensure competent and well-organized handling of customer enquiries.
- Maintain a commitment to gradual offshore migration of some functions/call types to enhance efficient handling of customer enquiries
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide leadership to effective and efficient delivery of quality customer service.
- Effectively apply the appraisal system.
- Cascade knowledge of HSBC products and services and encourage experience and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Be ultimately responsible for the performance management of your team, using relevant performance management tools, ensuring timely action is taken to improve underperformance
- Cascade knowledge of HSBC products and services and encourage experience and knowledge sharing among team members
- Share knowledge, experience and best practices with junior employees within and outside of immediate team and promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice
- Take a hands-on approach to coaching with regular & productive use of Personal Development Plans and appropriate follow up
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities
- Ensure the team is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business
- Develop appropriate retention strategies within the team's cost plan
- Manage succession for key roles using internal and selective hires where appropriate
- Live the Group Values
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Provide creative yet practical solutions for people and logistics management.
- Manage operating systems and processes to ensure optimal service availability.
- Evaluate and recommend new methods, processes and tools to improve service effectiveness and fulfillment efficiencies.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
Given that the Client Service team is new within GTRF Canada and must constantly evolve in order to best serve customer needs, the core challenge for the Manager will be to act as a 'Change Agent' for GTRF Canada. The Manager will need to alter staff mindsets and overcome resistance to change in order to produce quality customer service people. Simultaneously, the Manager will need to implement call center discipline and maintain a commitment to gradual offshore call migration in order to enhance efficiency. This will all have to be balanced against customer expectations and, throughout all of the changes, the Manager must ensure a consistent and high-quality service to GTRF customers.
- HSBC Trade Services is one of the core businesses of the HSBC Group, falling under Global Transaction Banking. GTB's 5-year strategy sets out a clear vision, a mission and a financial goal:
- To become the undisputed leader in transaction banking.
- To strengthen and grow HSBC's market position and become the most profitable bank in the transaction banking industry.
- To achieve revenue of US$16 billion by 2013.
- GTRF Canada is undergoing re-organization and re-engineering in order to gain efficiency, reduce transaction costs, improve service quality and in turn increase market share. This transformation involves the setting up of the Client Service function; a new, specialized team of dedicated service staff. By providing excellent customer service, the Client Service team will improve response times, enhance the customer experience and ensure that GTRF Canada meets its clients' needs in the most efficient, professional and high-quality manner.
- Within this new Client Service function, the Standard Inbound/Outbound team will be responsible for offering first-rate service to GTRF's high-value customers.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in trade and customer service is essential.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Group and HSBC Canada GTRF/CMB products and services
- High commitment to service and cross-selling excellence.
- Proven leadership experience at supervisory level.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Passion to share knowledge/experience with others.
- Proven success and achievement in the past working experience where one has to handle multiple tasks independently.
- University Degree/College Diploma in business/finance preferred