Client Relationship Manager
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide through our branch network, call centres, and digital and mobile banking. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division.
A Day in the Life of a Client Relationship Manager include the following:
- Provide administrative, sales, marketing and client services support.
- Provide customer sales and service support in the management of all client accounts administered through the various distribution networks, including HKBC under the direction of Regional Director.
- Coordinating and arranging meetings with clients.
- Liaise with HSBC branches regarding Investment's services and shared clients.
- Liaise with various custodians on incoming funds transfers.
- Providing support to HBCA branches responding to various inquiries and customer services issues.
- Providing a high standard of customer service responding to direct inquiries from clients.
- Resolve to clients satisfaction issues relating to accounts, tax statements, etc.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Work closely with PCG support team for seamless client servicing
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Quality control of client statements, production of client review packages, ad-hoc reports, preparation of new business proposals, new accounts opening packages, and presentation materials.
- Maintaining proper records on client database (Telemagic).
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Key to success in this role
- CFA I/II candidate or looking to take the CFA program in the near future; or, CFP or working towards the CFP designation
- Self-starter with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing work flow across different lines of businesses/departments
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Displaying good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience dealing with high net worth clients
- Previous experience in an investment area an advantage
In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities build global relationships and professional networks
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Global - one of the world's largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.