Client Credit Manager Receivables Finance
Employment Type: Regular
HSBC is the largest trade and receivable finance organisation in the world, offering a comprehensive range of forward-thinking open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions. The bank has been recognised by the industry's most prominent publications and associations for its strength in combining innovation and service excellence with end-to-end customer solutions. HSBC GTRF serves as a core service provider for Commercial (CMB) and Global Banking (GBM) customers.
The role is responsible for structuring complex deals across the whole range of Global Trade & Receivables Finance's (GTRF) solutions. Key responsibilities include providing technical expertise to Front-Line Business Development Managers, assisting in the structuring of bespoke open account solutions, and ensuring a high quality customer experience. The role holder will build out a team of structuring specialists in the different regions, to ensure a consistent operating model in support of our front-line BDMs.
Impact on the Business
- Contribute to the profitability of the HSBC Group and minimize losses
- Act as a point of referral for advice and guidance for the Commercial team
- Contribute to the credit approval process of the Commercial team
- Provide qualitative and meaningful input on the Commercial portfolio and related matters
- Formulate/recommend/implement/maintain credit policies, guidelines, standards and processes for the HIF Commercial team
- Assist the Head of Client Credit in monitoring trends in, first instance, the Commercial portfolio and highlighting areas of weakness or potential loss
- Continually re-assess the operational risk inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology
- Implement the Group Compliance policy locally by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure customers receive a consistent high level superior service in line with Best Place to Bank
- Encourage a service driven organisation and promote policies and strategies to deliver a positive stakeholder experience
- Work and join up with other HSBC Credit Functions and individual Credit Officers to obtain best outcomes
- Build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure positive client experiences through support, trade advice and best practices in relation to GTRF transactions
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making
- Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice
- Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of GTRF management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of GTRF policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the 'Three Lines of Defence'. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Trade and/or Commercial Banking is essential.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Group and HSBC Canada GTRF/CMB products and services
- High commitment to service
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Passion to share knowledge/experience with others.
- Proven success and achievement in the past working experience where one has to handle multiple tasks independently.
- University Degree/College Diploma in business/finance preferred