Bilingual Trade Middle Office Associate (French/English), Global Trade & Receivables Finance
Employment Type: Regular
Trade is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including GBM, CMB, and Private Banking. The jobholder is responsible for providing a high level of customer service by processing Global Trade and Receivables Finance transactions within the service level parameters, minimising operational risk by applying ownership with a high degree of attention and ensuring accuracy.
To provide full range of support to the GTRF Middle Office operations team as required, including administration, operational, customer service and processing support.
The role holder is required to provide a high quality service to their internal and external customers; taking ownership and using their initiative to complete necessary tasks.
Impact on the Business
- Maintain and improve the delivery of "superior" customer service by working as directed by management to ensure that all work is processed within SLA
- To ensure that all work is processed with guidelines and appropriate timescales in order to minimize operational risk and/or customer complaint.
- Responsibility for resource management and work allocation taking into consideration absenteeism, and utilisation of cross trained resources to ensure operation is staffed to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Facilitate adequate and timely cascading of all procedural changes to avoid non compliance with agreed procedures
- Ensure nil instances of sanction breach/WOLF and Financial Crime Risk violation received
- Identify opportunities for process improvement initiatives through best practice sharing
- To be aware of the nature of our customers business and alert any unusual transactions, to Line Management
- Good, flexible, proactive and enthusiastic team player.
- Ad hoc duties as directed by the business.
- Email management; drafting, responding, prioritising and printing.
- Display good communications skills and a pleasant telephone manner, identify and deliver important and urgent messages
- Co-ordination and management of travel schedules and itineraries including visas where appropriate.
- Preparation, reconciliation and submission of expenses in a timely manner.
- Preparation of presentational materials (PDFs, PowerPoint, Agendas, Minutes, etc).
- Place stationery orders via BuySmart for general office supplies, business cards, diaries, etc.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organisation by ensuring work is completed in accordance with established procedures and standards.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy in order to minimise operational risk
- Work productively and professionally. Demonstrate ways to improve customer service and increase productivity.
- Monitor service quality standards and set benchmarks for high performance
- Monitor pending items queue/referral queues to ensure closure on aged items and escalating where appropriate
- Proactively identify problems and effectively work to resolve them sharing best practice with other TRF teams.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk associated with the role in compliance to SOX for contact centres
- To continually evaluate the operational risks inherent in the process you work and to raise any concerns with Line Management.
- To be fully conversant with FIM, anti money laundering, internal procedures, polices and sanctions and regulatory requirements of our business partners.
- Ensure all mandatory training is undertaken in a timely manner
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
- Have a good understanding of the Trade business and industry standards such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC as applicable to their role
- HSBC Global Trade and Receivables Finance is one of the largest trade services organisations in the world. Leveraging its global network in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, HSBC has relationships with more suppliers and buyers than any other trade services institution. It is this unique position that allows HSBC to offer faster, more accurate and efficient solutions to its customers globally.
- HSBC has played a key role in international trade since 1865, when its founding member, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, was established to finance the growing trade between China and Europe. Dedicated trade service centres in over 60 countries and territories help support Commercial Banking and Global Banking and Markets business lines. Trade specialists work with RMs to identify and develop solutions which achieve customers' business objectives and future aspirations. GTRF solutions help streamline and put customers in control of their operations
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take into account of the likelihood of operational risk and also operating by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
- The jobholder should continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records (Trade and Receivables Finance FIM) and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Completion or in progress university degree/college diploma in business/finance preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon influencing and negotiating in dealing with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively plan and organise and manage a team of trade assistants
- Good working knowledge of International Trade required
- At least 1 year of experience in Global Trade and Receivables Finance operations in processing transactions and providing service to customers preferred
- Awareness of the trade facilities and customer trade cycles
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Must be flexible, customer centric and have the ability to thrive in a team environment seeking feedback and open to development
- Working knowledge of ICC Publications such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC as applicable to their role
- Broad knowledge of HSBC's Group capabilities and CMB's proposition and product capabilities.