Assistant Trade Mid Office Manager, Global Trade & Receivables Finance
Employment Type: Regular
Trade is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including GBM, CMB, and Private Banking. The jobholder is responsible for smooth execution of the day to day activities for the GTRF Operational teams. The job requires a high degree of understanding in Trade operations in terms of technical knowledge, through understanding of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published rules as well as GTRF FIM, Internal Controls and Group Compliance Policy including International sanctions and Financial Crime Risks etc. In delivering their responsibilities, they are expected to successfully lead a cohesive team which is inspired to meet business imperatives. This will include monitoring of workflow management tools, facilitating optimal resource planning to ensure delivery of a "superior" customer service in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
To demonstrate a strong focus in service & sales, and to increase productivity whilst maintaining the highest service standard. To ensure that all internal compliance and guidelines are met.
Impact on the Business
- Maintain and improve the delivery of "superior" customer service by actively driving operational performance, (meeting SLAs, maximizing, operational efficiency and reducing operational risks).
- Responsibility for resource management and work allocation taking into consideration absenteeism, and utilization of cross trained resources to ensure GSC/BS is staffed to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Facilitate adequate and timely cascading of all procedural changes to avoid non compliance with agreed procedures. Ensure awareness and adherence to all sanction related controls.
- Ensure all transactions are processed within the existing Regulatory and Financial Crime Risk frameworks.
Customers / Stakeholders
- To deliver excellent customer service and provide top quality trade services/solutions to customers.
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organization by driving a customer centric culture
- Monitor service quality standards and set benchmarks for high performance
- Monitor operational performance on the basis of key metrics like SLAs, quality, operational losses and basis which we take appropriate action and escalating where appropriate
- Proactively identify problems and effectively work to resolve them sharing best practice with other TRF teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of MIS to key stakeholders
Leadership & Teamwork
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Business Development and sales team, operate in an open and transparent way being fully accountable for supporting their business
- Support other Business initiatives in driving operational change programmes.
- Be aware of issues within teams and resolve or escalate in appropriate and timely manner
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Ensure close monitoring of the operational risk and exercise appropriate action to minimize the likelihood of operating risk occurring including risk identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting
- Regular review and improvement of processes and procedures as well as customers with balanced consideration of risk and return .
- Ensuring compliance with BIM, FIM, SOX, ICC, rules & relevant guidelines on handling of transactions. Implementation of Group Compliance Policy as applicable to the role
- Ensure regular review and critical analysis of operations & systems, to implement or make recommendation in streamlining workflow/procedures. Sharing best practices & work improvement initiatives with other GTRF sites
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- To ensure delivery of excellent customer service and solutions to meet needs of increasingly demanding customers
- To achieve high productivity and efficiency by on-going review of procedures and effective management of resources
- To motivate and manage a team of people with increasing focus on service and sales and collaboration with customer groups
- To ensure the new technologies, products and services are introduced and integrated into the operation and Business
- HSBC was founded to support the growing trade volumes between Asia, Europe and North America. We are now one of the largest trade teams amongst financial institutions worldwide and HSBC GTRF is one of the key core businesses of the Group.
- GTRF Canada has reviewed trade proposition ensuring that our customer needs are met and expectations are being exceeded. To better cater to the unique needs of customers, GTRF Canada has instituted a customer segment approach enabling us to lead the market with superior customer experience, supported by dedicated trade specialists for each specific segment of the market.
- Competition, from both banks and non-bank institutions, is intensified on both service and pricing front which put pressure on market share and profitability. GTRF Canada is customer and business focused with strong emphasis on service and sales culture. Dedicated Trade sales force and Client Management Team have been established for the 3 trade segments to provide product expertise to customer groups and proactively explore business opportunities
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in trade products, operations, Trade Cycle and customer service
- Good understanding of Customer Groups and supporting business initiatives
- Good understanding of Operational Risk related to the underlying Trade Transactions
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- A good team player who possesses good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Can work independently and quickly, with good attention to detail and solutions oriented
- Good command of spoken and written English desirable
- self-motivated with initiatives to take on new and additional responsibilities
- A Bachelor degree preferably in a business or related area