Analyst, Business Banking
Employment Type: Regular
Be Part of a Winning Team
At HSBC, the Analyst plays a vital role on the Relationship Management (RM) team. The Analyst partners with the Business Banking Relationship Manager in the delivery of professional service to existing customers, prospective customers and professionals. The RM team supports the bank's long-term strategy of establishing and maintaining sustainable relationships with businesses, by identifying needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing excellent customer service.
HSBC's unique products are our competitive edge. We offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global network – cash management solutions to drive efficiency for the simplest domestic business or most complex International Corporation, trade financing to help manage risk and accelerate working capital – solutions that cannot be matched by our domestic competitors. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client's requirements here and around the world.
A Day in the Life of an Analyst, Business Banking
- Play a direct role in identifying and meeting existing and prospective customer needs, delivering value to the customer and ensuring that we treat customers fairly in all that we do.
- Support the Relationship Manager (RM) in the optimization of their contribution towards the Commercial Banking Annual Operating Plan, build sustainable customer relationships to improve engagement, triage product sales opportunities, and coordinate product fulfilment.
- Analyze financial reports and MI of customers and prospective customers, managing credit applications and customer presentations.
- Work with the RM to develop and research a target list of prospective companies.
- Assist in the coordination of Product Partners and other Group entities to develop solutions which meet the needs of the customer, monitoring SLAs and managing customer expectations.
- Work with the RM in preparing and delivering Strategic Business Conversations and completing Strategic Business Reviews to ensure that we fully understand the customer's plans and needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Identify, monitor and appropriately escalate credit risk.
- Manage the risk portfolio rating and quality and provide ongoing risk monitoring including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) alerts. Escalate risk concerns, including AML and other Financial Crimes Compliance alerts.
- Build strong relationships with Global colleagues to ensure a joined up approach in identifying cross border opportunities where these meet customer needs.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- As first line of defense, effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF) and sanctions. Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
Do you pride yourself on your business acumen? Flourish in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment? Crave the opportunity to build your career?
If yes, then you belong at HSBC Commercial Banking.
Learn more about HSBC
Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group - one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We continue to make significant investments across all our business lines to grow our business in Canada providing the tools our customers need to do business internationally, and helping internationally-minded individuals manage their finances.
Be a part of Our Success.
At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the "Best 50 Corporate Citizens" in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Key to success in this role
- Total of 1-3 years of commercial banking experience; Bachelor's degree preferred but not essential
- Aptitude to work in a customer focused environment
- Ability to thrive in a global context with a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven strong analytical and finance skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be proactive and can think and act steps ahead
- Proven ability of working effectively in a team environment and autonomously
- Understanding of risk management
- Superior credit knowledge
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Working knowledge of the trade cycle and business processes involved when importing and/or exporting
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers