Account Services Representative
Employment Type: Regular
This position reports to the Account Services Team Leader and will provide operational support to the Direct Investing Center. Primary responsibilities will include processing of administrative requests as requested by clients, HSBC Branch representatives, and the Call Center representatives.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Ensure all documentation is in good order and accounts processed within outlined service levels.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Make outbound client and HSBC Branch representative calls, and other follow-up calls.
- Respond to inquiries from client, sales team, and Call Center. Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Receive and perform a compliance review on all new account opening documentation.
- Responsible for follow up on all deficiencies with sales team and clients to ensure all required documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Postsecondary education or equivalent
- CSC an asset but not required.
- Working knowledge of day to day operations/administration of client accounts an asset.
- Back office Discount or Full Service brokerage experience preferred
- Well-developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organization and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Access
- Working knowledge of ISM an asset
- Strong time management skills
- Multilingual skills (English, French and/or Chinese) are considered an asset