It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it’s an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers. Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
Kitchen Designers are responsible for providing exceptional customer service and driving sales. The Kitchen Designer connects customers, using a consultative and listing approach. This role requires accuracy and detail while working in a fast paced environment. The kitchen designer provides quotes, assesses customers needs and completes sales all while helping customers realize their dream kitchens.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Achieving individual sales targets to support overall department goals, which will require following up on open quotes to close sales
- Engaging kitchen customers and using our 20/20 system to provide designs, product options and quotes
- Assisting customers with product knowledge in adjacent departments, special orders and installation services
Preferred Qualifications :
- 1-2+ years of experience working in a sales driven environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent reading, communication, math and customer service skills
- Knowledge of construction and the ability to read blueprints and floor plans
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Kitchen and Bathroom cabinets along with design software experience an asset (e.g. 20/20; AutoCAD)
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.