Warehouse Associate - GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
Grimco Inc. was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 45 locations across the United States, 5 across Canada, and a sales division that is focused solely on growth in the Caribbean and Latin American markets. Our #1 goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs, and sign-making supplies.
Those who are successful at Grimco demonstrate determination, competitive drive, and eagerness to learn all facets of our company. They must have a strong desire to provide exceptional customer service and sell. They must also possess the drive to make an immediate impact on a growing company. This is what we seek in our distribution teams!
About the Role:
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for operating a forklift and other material handling equipment for the purpose of accurate shipping, processing and receiving, which includes but is not limited to unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, relocating, and stacking product. Warehouse associates are also responsible for repackaging product when necessary, counting and inspecting the product, and notifying the appropriate person when a product is damaged. Warehouse Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as directed by Management. All work performed by Warehouse Associates must meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
- Pick and pack orders for sign supplies by hand, in preparation for shipping to customers in compliance with material handling procedures. Attention to detail is critical!
- Load and unload delivery trucks both by hand and using a forklift
- Stock inventory when replenishment shipments come in
- Receive and examine incoming material for discrepancies/damages
- Record shipping/receiving logs in an orderly fashion
- Perform accurate cycle counts of inventory
- Ship and receive orders using appropriate shipping software
- Use data management system to track orders and answer questions for team members and customers alike
- Assist couriers and delivery drivers with manifest information and work in order to maximize delivery efficiency
- Operate forklift
- Available to work Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, including overtime when needed
- 2 + years' warehouse/general labour experience in a fast-paced environment
- Completed High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate: Printing Tickets, Shipping Software, MS Office Suite, Internet Navigation, and ERP system experience
- Current Forklift Certification is an asset (or willingness to learn - we will train you!)
- Ability to lift 50bs+ solo regularly - both lateral and overhead; stand and walk for a full work day. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, squat, kneel and lift
- Comfortable with tools and power tools. Comfortable with taking measurements
- Safety Conscious at all times!
- Professional appearance and ability to communicate and interact with individuals from all backgrounds
- Strong work ethic - dedicated to getting the job done
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Clean criminal and work reference histories
- Interest in growing with Grimco - potential overtime hours, and supervisory duties in the future, etc.
What is Training Like?
- 3 weeks of focused training time, followed by ongoing training/coaching
- Most of the time is focused training on products, computer systems, logistics, safety, & human resources
- Split between break-out session and hands-on learning environment
- Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks and achieve goals
- Paid training!
What makes Grimco Special?
- We promote from within – our strong performers become our strong leaders
- We have GREAT team members throughout North America, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed & educated supplier in our industry!
Grimco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Benefits Package Includes: Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Dependent Coverage, Travel Insurance, BC Medical Services Plan Coverage, Grimco Cares Employee Assistance Fund, Perkopolis Discount Program, Paid Personal & Sick Time, Holiday, & Vacation Accrual.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.