Accountant, Assurance [Audit]
A career in Assurance with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist businesses in specific industry sectors with a wide range of accounting, audit, regulatory and advisory services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with engaged professionals who are respected in their fields
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
We are looking for a team player who is committed to providing the highest level of service to our clients and helping us build our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our market place.
Why choose Grant Thornton?
At Grant Thornton you can make a difference every day. We have more offices across Canada than any other professional services firm, allowing us to be down the street from clients, not just downtown. We are independent in Canada with access to global resources, expertise and opportunities. Our professionals are renowned experts in their field who provide high level technical expertise. A greater variety of client files to work on means that, at Grant Thornton, you can do more, faster. We provide a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. We respect people's lives outside of work and provide flexibility, where possible. Our firm is recognized for quality, and we are a trusted brand on the move!
As an Accountant in our Assurance Services Practice your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service
- Providing recommendations and solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
- Working with clients under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
- Working with clients in target industry sectors under varying reporting frameworks
- Analysis and completion of corporate and personal income tax returns
- Analyze financial statements
- Helping to build our reputation as the preferred business advisors in key sectors of our growing practice
Our Unique Culture
Our clients tell us that they do business with Grant Thornton because of the quality of our people. We have a talented, intellectually curious team and a unique culture that we work hard to preserve. We want you to achieve your full potential and are aware that our success as an organization depends on each of our people building strong and challenging careers that they can be proud of. Using our values as our guide, we empower our people to make a difference in every interaction with one another, with clients, and in the communities in which we work and live.
The skills and attributes required for this position include:
- Enrolled in CPA School of Business, in pursuit of their CPA designation
- One or more years of public practice experience, preferably in an Auditing role
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical experience in accounting and professional standards.