Monitoring & Diagnostics (M&D) Co-Op (May)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we're working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE - imagination at work
As the Monitoring & Diagnostics (M&D) Setup Technician Co-op, you will be joining a fast-paced environment as part of the InSight team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of water engineering. You will gain exposure supporting the InSight and Lifecycle teams, and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Collaborate with internal members to gather requirements to initiate the process for a new water plant site setup and follow established setup and associated ISO quality procedures for new M&D sites
- Assist with maintenance of existing accounts
- Read and analyze Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) code to retrieve project specific tags to log customer data, and transmit to the platform.
- Configure site specific data acquisition computer, Human Machine Interface (HMI) or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) to log the required data from the PLC
- Utilize existing software to create and restore data acquisition computer images
- Establish and troubleshoot water plant internet connections, including cellular routers, firewalls, dial-up, and establish remote connections to equipment
- Work in an energetic and collaborative fashion with existing team members to support our existing and new customers
- Communicate any interruptions with the setup timeline to team members and process analyst
Do you qualify? We are seeking...
- Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
- University degree in course of completion in Engineering (Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Software, Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent related discipline
- Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
- Programming experience: Python, JAVA, VB, and/or .NET
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networks and WAN
- Proven skills in written/verbal/interpersonal communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Rockwell, GE, Siemens PLCs, and ladder logic
- Knowledge of networking and VPN connections
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle databases
- Individuals who are driven, self-motivated, confident, and willing to learn