Junior Manufacturing Engineer Intern (4 Months - May 2017)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we're working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
As the Junior Manufacturing Engineer Intern you will be joining a very dynamic work environment as part of the Manufacturing Engineering test team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of production test and automation. You will gain exposure supporting the production, quality, technology and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Participate in hardware and software design and development of automation test solutions for electronic sub-assemblies and systems
- Conduct Gage R&R and other statistical studies for all product lines
- Unitize Statistica software to develop new test analyses and generate test reports
- Update equipment and PCBA Suppliers SQL Database and web applications
- Interface with cross-functional teams like technology and quality regarding issue resolutions
- Help test engineers to provide support to Markham, Anasco and GE MDS productions
- Review and update QMS documentations
Do you qualify? We are seeking...
- Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
- Knowledge of C/C++ , LabView, LabWindows or Visual Basic, Database and SQL programming
- General knowledge of hardware and test equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Self-started and energetic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University Bachelor or Master's Degree in course of completion in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent related discipline.
- Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE.