Financial Analyst Intern (May, 12 Mnths)
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we're working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE - imagination at work
As a key member of the GE Aviation's Finance Team, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience through a diverse array of responsibilities that will provide you with wide exposure to the Aviation business.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- work in a small team taking ownership of daily/ monthly/ quarterly activities and longer-term projects.
- Tasks cover a broad spectrum, relating to general accounting, planning & analysis, controllership and various projects depending on workload & timing.
- Specific task examples include month end reporting, analysis to support business growth, and improvement/digitization projects.
Do you qualify? We are seeking...
- Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
- a Business Finance student, currently completing a degree
- someone with good computer skills - specifically with Excel
- someone who is striving to pursue a career in finance
- a team player with a creative, change-oriented approach
- a person with a desire to understand the business as a whole as well as its parts
- someone who enjoys a challenge
- University or Master's degree, or college diploma in course of completion in Finance or equivalent related discipline.
- Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE.