Engineering Support Intern (4 Months, May 2017)
General Electric Company (NYSE: GE) is a place where you can live your dreams. Our global presence, innovation and financial strength help to make GE a dynamic place to work, giving you the advantage of a large company, with the agility of a small one - where individual voices are heard.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com.
As the Engineering Support, you will be joining an energetic and creative environment as part of the Customer Application Engineering team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Engineering. You will gain exposure supporting the Product and Customer Application team and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Assist Protection and Control Product testing
- Review protection and Control product specification and update
- Assist in customer issue investigation
- Update product Hardware and Firmware revision history
Do you qualify? We are seeking...
- Familiar with theory of Power Systems Application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task on several projects.
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Experience with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Access
- Bachelor Degree in course of completion in Electrical Engineering or equivalent related discipline
It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Thank you for your interest in joining GE.