The ideal candidate is an energetic, outgoing person with excellent communication skills and able to work in a very busy business environment. You must be highly organized and be able to multi-task efficiently. You must be able to handle all client inquiries, requests for service calls and scheduling of drivers in a professional and articulate manner.
At First Canada, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors on front line.
At First Canada, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Dispatch school bus and transit buses by overseeing all routes and scheduling;
- Counsels and coaches drivers and monitors;
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a professional and polite manner as well as respond to radio traffic;
- Handles driver complaints and reports to Operations Supervisor/ Manager;
- Serves as primary communication liaison with major contracted customer;
- Cover driving school routes as needed in emergency circumstances;
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll;
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems;
- Handle back-up driver duties or perform miscellaneous general and clerical duties including processing invoices/documentation as needed;
- Completes assignment of special projects;
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations;
- Performs any other tasks as assigned
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- Proficiency on computers, mainly Excel/Word required;
- Class B Drivers Licence with basic knowledge of dispatch equipment;
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required;
- Knowledge of working with two way radios an asset;
- Good knowledge of the city;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment;
- Must have own reliable transportation.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.