Casual Transit Operator
First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Casual Transit Operator. Previous Transit experience not required, we will provide training to successful candidates.
- Enjoy interacting with the public
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required.
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs
- Perform all other duties assigned
- A valid Class 2 Driver’s BC License with air brake endorsement
- The ability to obtain Operator’s licence with required endorsements
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts
- A good general knowledge of the demographics of the service area
- A clean, “No Contraventions” Driver’s Abstract
- To be able to pass vulnerable sector records check
- To be able to pass drug and alcohol testing
- Transit environment: early, split & late shifts may be required
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment
- Interaction with the public
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.