Field Consultant (Tax Specialist in Training) - Edmonton, AB
This is an exciting time to be at Farm Business Consultants! We are growing and looking for someone who enjoys helping others and creating raving fans to join us as a Field Consultant (Tax Specialist in Training). This position reports into our Edmonton, AB office, however we are looking for someone to provide service to the areas in and around the city.
Your experience and accounting knowledge, combined with our extensive training and development program, will ensure your success in this role. Apply today!
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Field Consultant is a key member of a team of trusted advisors who make life less taxing for Farm and Small Business owners. The Field Consultant role is all about service! You will look after our valued Members and be the face of FBC in the communities in which we operate. A typical week as a Field Consultant involves providing Member service, participating in career development activities and growing a territory. You will visit Members at their homes or places of business, gathering necessary financial information as well as providing advice and consultation. You will also focus a portion of your time on prospecting, acquiring referrals and selling new memberships.
This role combines Accounting, Bookkeeping, Tax, Customer Service, and Business Development for an exciting and rewarding career. The Field Consultant role is perfect for someone who:
- Appreciates growth and training opportunities
- Thrives on building relationships, interacting with others and providing top flight customer service
- Enjoys a flexible work environment, and
- Wants to build a long-term career
As our Field Consultant, you will:
- Collect financial information from Members in an assigned territory which will be used to prepare tax returns and other government reports
- Complete analyses and provide advice to Members on tax-related issues
- Conduct prospecting activities to meet with and sign up new Members
- Develop a thorough understanding of the services available to Members and of the processes followed to ensure that outstanding service is provided
- Represent FBC in the community within your designated territory
- Build strong customer relationships within your assigned territory
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to your own personal development
- Deliver exceptional service at all times
- Demonstrate the highest integrity
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
As our successful candidate, you will have a positive attitude, a service mentality, and:
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated through your ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties
- An aptitude for influencing others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- A high level of business and sales acumen
Education and Experience
As our ideal candidate, you will bring:
- A diploma or degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or associated field – relevant, equivalent work experience will be considered
- Technical and practical skills in Accounting or bookkeeping
- Experience and a record of success building strong customer relationships
- Knowledge of personal/corporate tax preparation and planning would be an asset
- The ability to travel throughout the territory
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are essential
- You are personally in full compliance and up-to-date on all governmental tax filings – personal and corporate tax and GST, if applicable
In return for your dedication and hard work, we provide a superior remuneration structure that rewards for performance. Compensation includes a base salary supplemented by commissions and a bonus program. For the right person, earnings potential is high and there is no ceiling.
FBC also provides:
- An opportunity to build a long-term career in an established and well-respected organization
- An environment which provides variety and a supportive team environment
- The chance to make a positive contribution to your clients and their operations
- A comprehensive training and development program as well as the support of a team of experts
- Market awareness and the opportunity to meet with both existing and potential clients
- A proven process with state of the art software and tools
- A varied work environment including rural locations, small businesses, and Members’ homes
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability benefits along with a Health Spending Account
- Excellent remuneration during your development period
- Annual incentive trips to exciting destinations
At FBC, we pride ourselves on working hard and producing excellent work while maintaining a respectful and professional work environment. We are sure that FBC is a place you will be proud to work at. Join us and build a career at FBC!
Please submit current cover letter and resume, in one document, via our Careers page at www.fbc.ca. Search for job i.d. 2017-1502 and click on the "Apply for this job online" button at the bottom of the job posting.
Deadline for submissions: July 26, 2017, or when a suitable candidate is found.
Reviews of submissions will begin immediately.
Please note: while we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected to proceed through the hiring process will be contacted.
Farm Business Consultants (FBC) has helped to Make Life less Taxing for Farm and Small Business owners across Canada for 65 years. With over 50,000 Members from British Columbia to Nova Scotia, FBC brings together a strong team of tax experts with one of Canada’s most sophisticated tax engines to ensure our Members pay the least amount of taxes over the long run. Our customers benefit from our industry leading Membership model that provides year round services. Members count on FBC for proactive tax planning, business consulting, the best possible tax return, and the security of audit protection through their Membership. You are invited to visit us at www.fbc.ca to learn more about our wonderful company!
FBC is committed to maintaining a respectful and inclusive workplace. We strive to provide accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation may be made at any stage of the recruitment and selection process providing the applicant meets the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
To receive a copy of a job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com