Trade Advisor, Exporter Outreach
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
As EDC aims to be the leader in helping all Canadian exporters go, grow and succeed internationally, the marketing team has an ambitious agenda to deepen exporter engagement through digital capabilities and insights-based marketing programs. As part of the business development group, the marketing team is seeking an individual contributor to accelerate its digital program capacity and capability in an effort to increase awareness of EDC across current and potential Canadian exporters.
As a Trade Advisor, you will be responsible for the generation of qualified leads with small and medium-sized prospective customers at the early-to-middle stages of the buying cycle in order to increase the quality, size and velocity of development efforts. In addition, you will be a key player in sourcing, with exporters to evolve and grow our insurance product suite.
Recognized for their attention to detail, the incumbent will leverage customer data and insights to increase brand awareness with Canadian Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and sharing EDC's trade/market knowledge and extensive network evolve the user experience and guide exporters and potential exporters in their journey.
Aspiring to be the digital platform for all exporters in Canada, EDC aims to service the total spectrum of exporter needs (information, knowledge, advisory and financial products) while allowing them to connect amongst themselves and other professionals. Relying on effective relationship building, the incumbent is expected drive targeted outbound campaigns and monitor the results to inform future engagement tactics.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada and abroad with small, mid-sized and large enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors.
- Works across an integrated digital value stream to provide unique information and/or knowledge solutions to Canadian exporters
- Nurtures potential customer throughout digital value stream by evaluating specific customer experience and journeys.
- Informs customer segmentation and tactics for digital insurance solutions.
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients' needs.
- Promotes and sells a portfolio of products, services and/or solutions to current and new end customers.
- Identifies, develops and typically closes new business development opportunities.
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned customers ranging from small businesses to major strategic customers within a geographic or industry focus.
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range products
- Assesses needs, tailors solutions and advances the sale of products to customers
- Monitors the progression of leads and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market/sector coverage mandate
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders, including customers and key partners in support of strategy
- Customer (Exporter) focus with particular emphasis on lead generation, conversion in an integrated digital value stream.
- Drive for results
- Builds and leverages long term relationships
- Authentic approach and communication excellence
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration /Finance
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in business development and/or international business and/or financial services or related experience
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- Advanced technical competence of CRM, web chat and web conferencing
- Basic technical competence of social media and marketing automation platform
- $52 000- $79 000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 9, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.