Student, Content Management
Prepare yourself for the next challenge
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
Working at EDC means your decisions can affect the bottom line of Canada's exporters; your expertise can guide their strategies and your ideas can shape their plans. Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You'll build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients. Our student development opportunities include work terms and co-op programs – all designed to give your career a head start.
Content Management (CM) is a dynamic team, responsible for the management of external and internal content, externally purchased subscriptions, as well as internally-generated paper and electronic documents.
The fall term student will provide CM with operational and project support for the team's corporate library, records, and content management programs. This position is available for application to current students and recent grads.
- Deliver front line Library and information management (records/non-records) customer services in accordance with CM team service standards.
- Provide contract renewal support, including agreement reviews, invoicing and user needs assessments.
- Support Content Management Advisors in completing project tasks and deliverables. Tasks may include:
- Analysis of electronic records on corporate file shares, including content analytics and document migration to support retention and disposition activities
- SharePoint site development, including site architecture, permissions, and application of EDC's function based classification scheme
- Development of process maps, procedures and metrics tacking tools for new and evolving team priorities.
- Upgrade of Sydney enterprise, including end user training, focus group testing
- Assist in the development of the operational awareness and training program
- Recent graduate or current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program in a field related to information management,
- such as Library and Information Science or Management of
- Information Systems
- Practical experience with library systems,
- SharePoint and Database Software
- Strong experience with Ms –Office, specifically excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter, good organizational, analytical and prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work independently and within a team
- Bilingualism considered an asset
What can you expect from an EDC work term?
Building cross-functional networks of colleagues, identifying and following through on opportunities for improvement and innovation, learning and growing constantly through coaching and mentoring, working in a high-performing, fast-paced and flexible environment facilitated by technologies and access to an in-house fitness center at our Ottawa headquarters.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 21, 2017, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.