Senior Associate, Risk Quantification Team - Risk Rating COE
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Export Development Canada (EDC) Risk Management Office, Risk Rating Centre of Expertise (COE) supports EDC's profitability and customer count goals by providing accurate Probability of Default (PD) and Loss Given Default (LGD) credit risk ratings, models and systems which help inform EDC's credit granting, provisioning and capital adequacy decision-making. Our ratings and rating models and systems cover the majority of EDC's Financing book, and are leveraged across the corporation. We manage our program in a manner that engages with our stakeholders, is pragmatic and sustainable from an operational perspective, promotes data integrity, and recognizes industry best practices. While EDC is not regulated, we endeavor to align with Basel/OSFI guidance.
The Risk Rating COE is seeking a talented and proactive Senior Associate to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of the Risk Rating COE, the successful candidate will help support the expansion, improvement and management of our growing portfolio of credit rating tools, guidelines, and growing areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and monitoring principles, practices, processes and standards for credit risk ratings for financing and insurance solutions
- Researches and reviews best practices, regulatory requirements, and the organization's risk appetite
- Support the development of new and updated credit risk rating guidelines and procedures
- Engage in data gathering and manipulation, as well as new systems initiatives from a business perspective
- Support presentations, training, change management and other engagements with stakeholders
- Develop and support initiatives for improvements to models, guidelines and processes that are consistent with team and corporate goals
- Support business cases to management and others related to updates to the Risk Rating COE program
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and developments in the credit risk rating and regulatory environment
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or in a related field
- Minimum 3 years' experience in credit risk management or related experience
- Knowledge of credit risk management principles and practices
- Experience in preparing guidelines and procedures documentation
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Advanced data manipulation and MS-Excel capabilities
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the development, implementation and management of credit risk rating models and related guidelines and procedures
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial or similar designation
- Experience with credit risk model development and management at a regulated financial institution
- Experience engaging with credit risk model vendors, regulators on credit risk models and auditors on credit risk models
- Programming knowledge: VBA, SAS
- $62,000 - $92,000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: March 24, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.