Loans Services Manager (18 months)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Loans Services, within the framework of EDC and Finance Values, is responsible for the efficient management of all EDC financing products from point of signing to final repayment. Loans Services strives to preserve, grow and ensure the well-being and success of customers, partners and EDC by delivering services in a culture of predictability, accuracy and dependability. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated professional who will actively participate in the attainment of the team's objectives to ensure effective and timely management of a portfolio of financing transactions.
- Manages the lifecycle of standard and non-standard financial transactions in a loan portfolio, and ensures admissibility of disbursements, prompt payment to the customer and repayments from the customers.
- Takes action in accordance with corporate strategies, developed for risk mitigation and collection of overdue amounts.
- Provides accurate and timely data to external and internal stakeholders for management and corporate reporting purposes.
- Supports the production of reports for accounts that are in arrears and analyses of bad debt.
- Responsible for customer billing including preparation, delivery, and responding to queries.
- Interprets standard loan documents to create loan structures in the operational system that reflect the particulars of loans
- Reviews incoming documentation for conformity to loan agreements, helping to mitigate organizational risks in the flow of funds process at EDC while maintaining EDC's systems of record
- Monitors, reviews and recommends improvements to processes affecting loan disbursements out of EDC and subsequent repayments
- Work in close partnership with internal and external partners to support account management, customer relationships and to provide timely and quality service on loan management and financial information
- Collects loan repayments from customers in accordance with agreements, application of related funds and takes action in accordance with strategies developed for collection of overdue amounts
- Reviews transactions and recommends action in accordance with applicable authorities, service level agreements, procedures and operating standards
- Builds knowledge of industry and business trends, events and international issues
- Helps to foster an open, cooperative work environment where team success is an overriding objective and team members are appreciated for the value they add
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance or College degree with relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in business administration and/or finance operations, or related experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic knowledge of banking, cash flow management and/or servicing loans
- Some experience in financial services/technology/FIN-TECH/Telecom/PROJECT environment(s) is a considerable asset
- Bilingual in both official languages (English and French)
- Fluent in Spanish
- Working knowledge of ACBS (Advanced Commercial Banking System)
- $52,000 - $79,000
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: March 24, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.