Executive Assistant - The Office of the Senior Vice President of Business Development
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Office of the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Business Development is currently looking for a senior administrative professional to fill the role of Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will provide support to the SVP. The successful candidate will also be required to support the planning and budgeting activities associated with the Office, and to provide back up support to EDC's Board of Directors, as required.
The Business Development group is comprised of critical corporate and business advisory functions that play a key role in delivering value to our customers. The group also oversees EDC's strategic relationships.
A true partner for the SVP Business Development, the incumbent will execute the following responsibilities with high levels of professionalism, empathy and a sense of humour:
- Manage SVP calendar proactively, taking charge of daily and ongoing planning to ensure the effective use of time of the SVP, including protecting time for key meeting and document preparation
- Set up meetings, and organizing events, including ownership of logistics (for example, owning agenda, collect/distribute meeting materials ahead of meetings).
- Support operational, strategic and planning sessions for the Business Development senior management team
- Organize and book business travel (domestic and international) for the SVP, including co-ordinating program itineraries with staff from EDC's business teams
- Prepare the SVP for all Executive and Board meetings, ensuring that relevant materials are ready for review in advance
- Support group SVP with co-chair responsibilities for the Business Development and Strategy Committee of the Board.
- The Business Development EA would need to coordinate & collect information from all parts of the organization and be able to standardize the formatting for distribution.
- Ensure that all compliance reporting is completed in a timely manner.
- Lead budget planning and quarterly forecasting activities for the office of the SVP
- Establish trusting working relationships with other Executive Assistants at EDC, as well as Executive Assistants in the offices of key contacts and stakeholders (for example, BDC)
- Manage the flow of information through the Executive's office, handling directly, or directing that information to the appropriate team for action and ensuring follow-up
- Follow-up on correspondence and requests for information
- Develop and produce reports as required
- Display complete discretion with respect to handling sensitive or confidential matters
- Maintain close and positive working relationships with the senior management team in Business Development
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success as a partner to a senior level executive, thrives under demanding circumstances, exercises innate discretion and is comfortable working in both of Canada's official languages.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines in the Administrative Services Function
- Provides administrative support to Executive and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry
- Receives screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail
- Arranges business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expense
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided.
- The candidate must be able to work and support day to day operations in both official languages (French & English), providing administrative services
- to teams including, but not limited to handling correspondence, coordinating agendas, tracking time and attendance, managing workflows, routing information, preparing documents, arranging logistics, processing inquiries, administering budgets
- Develops file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative standards, controls and processes
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 5 years experience in administrative/clerical field
- Solid knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other related programs)
- Solid experience with budget processes and the monitoring of budgets
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience in using social media (for example, Twitter) is a strong asset
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related relevant disciple
- Experience partnering with a senior executive
- Experience supporting a Board of Directors
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- $52,000– $79,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: September 15, 2017 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.