Data Entry Clerk, Policy Transition (12 months)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Policy Transition Team is accountable for coordinating and underwriting EDC's export only insurance policies onto the new platform Credit Insurance Suite (CIS) as part of EDC's technological transformation initiative striving to make Credit Insurance that's simple, easy to access and available 24/7. Through a coordinated effort with several impacted stakeholders, the team will work through timely renewals while assuring a high level customer satisfaction experience.
The team is looking for a data entry clerk. Responsibilities include ensuring data is entered into the Credit Insurance Suite (CIS) system adhering to standards, and within tight deadlines. This role requires a high attention to detail and a natural affinity for technology.
- Provides timely entry of data changes into the CIS system
- Extracts data in a consistent manner to support data audits and in support of verifying data uploads
- Ensures the functionality, security, availability and accuracy of the information provided to end users of information.
- Enters customer and account data information in a timely fashion while establishing entry priorities
- Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 1 year of experience in data entry role
- Basic knowledge of information/knowledge management principles and practices
- Intermediate level of expertise with excel
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $38,000 - $57,000
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 19th, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.