Account Manager (Level 1-2), Commercial Markets & Small Business - Montreal Office (12 Month Contract and Anticipatory)
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for Account Managers, for the Montreal office.
Reporting to the District Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of small/medium-sized (SME) customers and prospecting within a territory in the Montreal region.
This will be achieved by responding to client needs by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and acquiring new customers, while coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customers. You will raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the territory through regular contacts and presentations with financial intermediaries and other business partners.
Initially, we are looking to fill a 12 month contract and we are also anticipating a permanent position. Both positions will be Level 1-2.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada and abroad with small, mid-sized and large enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors
- Locates, evaluates and recruits potential customers, buyers and qualified leads to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients' needs
- Promotes and sells a portfolio of products, services and/or solutions to current and new end customers
- Identifies, develops and typically closes new business development opportunities
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with assigned customers and partners within a geographic or industry focus
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations as may be appropriate
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range products
- Assesses needs, tailors solutions and advances the sale of products to customers
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs
- May manage an assigned portfolio of accounts, and develop account plans for small (medium) businesses
- Monitors the progression of leads and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market mandate
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders, including customers and key partners in support of strategy
- Provides analytical support to, or identifies initiatives for senior account managers and advisors in the process of developing overall regional or sectoral strategies
- May develop strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage of the designated territory, integrated with appropriate sector and country strategies, focusing on the medium/large market segment
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or other relevant discipline
- Basic knowledge of best practices in sales and/or account management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Level 1: 1-2 years of business development experience in international business and/or financial services
- Level 2: Minimum 2-3 years of business development experience in international business and/or financial services
- Business development experience in commercial banking / insurance
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- Level 1: $52,000 - $79,000, plus performance based incentive
- Level 2: $73,000 - $109,000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: September 23, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.