Account Manager, Commercial Markets & Small Business - Québec City Office
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Team is looking for an Account Manager, for the Québec City office. Reporting to the District Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for growing, maintaining and managing a portfolio of small/medium-sized (SME) customers and prospecting within a territory in the Eastern Québec region.
This will be achieved by responding to client needs by promoting cross-selling opportunities for current customers, and acquiring new customers, while coordinating EDC resources to provide predictable product solutions and service delivery to the customers. You will raise awareness of EDC's capabilities in the territory through regular contacts and presentations with financial intermediaries and other business partners.
- Creates business development opportunities in Canada and abroad with small and
- mid-sized enterprises across a spectrum of industry sectors
- Locates, evaluates and recruits potential customers, buyers and qualified leads to ensure a substantive opportunity pipeline
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors through external interactions with buyers, banks, exporters and sector associations to develop new opportunities and new services/products customized to clients' needs
- Promotes and sells a portfolio of products, services and/or solutions to current and new end customers
- Goal oriented, with a track record of sucessful business development achievements, identifies, develops and typically closes new business development opportunities
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with customers and partners within a geographic focus
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships with key industry associations as may be appropriate
- Identifies and qualifies potential customers and promotes the full range products
- Assesses export financing, risk management or other needs and matches solution to these needs
- Manages an assigned portfolio of accounts, and develops territory strategies and account plans
- Monitors the progression of pipeline and is involved in transaction facilitation where appropriate
- Executes projects, initiatives and tasks related to the fulfillment of the market coverage mandate
- Develops strategies and plans to ensure full market coverage of the designated territory, integrated with appropriate sector and country strategies
- Identifies market trend and intelligence observed in the territory for the purpose of developing overall regional or sector strategies
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3-4 years of business development experience in international business and/or financial services, or related experience
- Knowledge and proven best practices in sales and/or account management
- An existing established network in the Eastern Québec region
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Business development experience in commercial banking / insurance
- Knowledge of bank credit and lending practices
- Knowledge of international business practices and international trade
- MBA, CPA or CITP (Certified International Trade Professional) designation
- $73,000 – 109,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 3, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.