Account Coordinator, Insurance Distribution Strategy & Channel Management
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 8,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Insurance Distribution Strategy & Channel Management Group ('IDS') is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and resourceful Account Coordinator to support and assist the team's first and foremost priority of strengthening EDC's broker channel. Reporting to the Director, the Account Coordinator will be responsible for transaction and prospecting support, broker relationship management support, and prospect research as well as some general office administration. The Account Coordinator is expected to contribute to the team's overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of quality service and value added to brokers and to actively contribute to further developing an environment of continuous improvement within the team.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines in the Administrative Services Function.
- Provides administrative support to Executive and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization.
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry.
- Receives screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail.
- May arrange business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expenses.
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided.
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative
- standards, controls and processes including reporting and analysis
- of operational statistics (pipeline, scorecards etc)
- Liaise with CMSB Account Coordinator community and CI Ops to increase collaboration and share best practices
- Conducts research for Program Managers on prospect brokerage firms, clients and market trends
- Gathers and shares market intelligence across various sectors
- Provides file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing
- Provides administrative services to team including, but not limited to handling correspondence, coordinating agendas, managing workflows, sourcing and routing required customer information, arranging logistics (may include travel), processing inquiries, administering budgets.
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative field with exceptional customer service
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer based applications (client management systems, etc)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related relevant discipline
- Experience in managing customer relations
- Experience in business analytics and reporting
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 9, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.