Account Coordinator - London office
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Group is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and resourceful Account Coordinator who will be supporting and assisting a team of sales and business development professionals. Reporting to the District Manager the Account Coordinator will be responsible for application submission support, business development and client management support as well as client and prospect research. The Account Coordinator is expected to contribute to the Team's overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of quality service and value added to our clients and to actively contribute to further developing an environment of continuous improvement within the team.
- Works with and supports the Business Development Account Managers by qualifying applications and by responding to requests
- Engages with current and prospective customers to obtain information and feedback, conducts research, and market trend analysis
- Supports sales operations by managing various transaction support activities and to assist Account Managers in servicing the client base.
- Provides administrative support to Executive and/or nonexecutive employees or groups in the organization.
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry.
- Receives screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail and e-mail.
- May arrange business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expenses.
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided.
- Supports the transaction process by qualifying and/or submitting new and renewal applications into the Customer Relationship Management System and by responding to requests.
- Engages with current and prospective customers to obtain information in support of their applications and to respond to questions.
- Ensures data quality and integrity for all transaction related information and conducts calls to obtain customer feedback on EDC.
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative standards, controls and processes.
- Completion of secondary school
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed a post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in administrative/clerical field with exceptional customer service
- Advanced knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs)
- 3 years of experience in financial statement analysis
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
- $45,000 - $67,000, plus performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 21, 2017 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.