Account Coordinator - Calgary Office
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year. In 2017, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 Employer and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
Team & Job Overview
The Commercial Markets & Small Business Group (CMSB) is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and resourceful Account Coordinator who will be supporting a team of sales and business development professionals. The Account Coordinator will be responsible for application submission support, client management as well as client and prospect research. Reporting to the District Manager, the successful candidate will be located in the Calgary office.
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided
- Assigns and follows-up on incoming leads, referrals and web inquiries from various sources to ensure that customer Service Level Standards are met
- Works with and supports the Account Managers by qualifying and advancing transaction applications
- Ensures data integrity for all transaction-related information submitted to C3
- Engages with current and prospective customers to obtain information in support of their applications
- Attends District team and POD meetings and collaborates closely with Account Managers by assisting in the management of accounts
- Periodically conducts "Voice of the Customer" calls to obtain customer feedback for EDC, using this feedback to work with Account Managers to identify opportunities for improvement in EDC's service delivery model
- Leverages expertise and knowledge by identifying waste in EDC's processes and suggest changes to improve efficiency and customer experience, contributing to the CMSB continuous improvement culture
- Provides administrative services support, estimated at 20% of time per week, to all three Districts principally preparing team monthly expense submissions, managing District and Western Region budgets plus tracking staff attendance via PeopleSoft
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative field with exceptional customer service
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer based applications (client management systems, etc.)
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- Experience in sales and/or account management
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: June 23, 2017 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.