Account Coordinator - Business Development
EDC is Canada's export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. EDC's knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,400 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 200 markets worldwide each year.
EDC is financially self-sustaining, and is a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
The Small Business Solutions Group is looking for an energetic, self-motivated and resourceful Account Coordinator who will be supporting and assisting the Small Business Solutions team of sales and business development professionals. Reporting to the Manager of the Ontario Region, the Account Coordinator will be responsible for application submission support, business development and client management support as well as client and prospect research. The Account Coordinator is expected to contribute to the Teamâ??s overall success and effectiveness in the delivery of quality service and value added to our clients and to actively contribute to further developing an environment of continuous improvement within the team.
- Supports general business operations by providing various administrative support activities as a generalist or in a combination of Disciplines in the Administrative Services Function.
- Uses business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, or perform data entry.
- May arrange business travel, coordinate meeting arrangements, and/or track expenses.
- Identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of office work flows to which the support is being provided.
- Solves administrative problems and initiates improvements to administrative standards, controls and processes including reporting and analysis of operational statistics (pipeline, scorecards etc.)
- Provides file, document or information storage and retrieval services including classification, organization and electronic data/Information entry or sourcing
- Provides administrative services to team including, but not limited to handling correspondence, coordinating agendas, managing workflows, sourcing and routing required customer information, arranging logistics (may include travel), processing inquiries, administering budgets.
- Works with and supports the Business Development Account Managers by qualifying and advancing transaction applications and by responding to requests
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative field
- Strong knowledge in the operation of computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and other related programs) and ability to work with computer based applications (client management systems, etc.)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- Undergraduate degree
- $45,000 - $67,000 + performance based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: December 9, 2016, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.