Trades Payable/Mailroom Clerk
At EllisDon, we’re constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key leader in building new and exciting projects. It’s a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being challenged and leading the team to successful project completion. Your co-workers look to you for answers and as a manager you have the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think “I know how that came together”.
In the position of Trades Payable/Mailroom Clerk , we would ask you to do the following:
- Perform a variety of accounting clerical tasks relating to the maintenance and processing of trades’ payable
- Perform accounting tasks under general supervision to ensure accurate and timely completion of work
- Accurately process invoices for approval by Area Accountant
- Day-to-day contact with internal and external employees and vendors
- Prepare daily mail for processing/approval
- Reconcile accounts with vendors
- Make necessary adjustments
- Copy invoices and send to appropriate employees (some external persons)
- Prepare all outgoing courier packages for delivery including weekly payroll to jobsites
- Perform additional assignments as per supervisor’s direction
- Submit tenders as required
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of two to three (2-3) years of accounting experience
- Understanding of construction accounting, the AS400 operating system and strong computer skills would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work in a demanding, multi-task environment is required
- Must have the ability to build harmonious working relationships with clients, co-workers and the general public
Go ahead and be yourself. We’ll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.