Survey CAD Technician - TransED LRT
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being part of a team that allows you to see the results of your efforts as the building progresses. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of Survey CAD Technician - TransED LRT, we would ask you to do the following:
- From the design drawings draft and program the survey crew's files with all necessary points, lines and elevations for layout in the field, this will include but not limited to bridge structures, drainage, roadways, and rail.
- Support the field layout as necessary with sufficient and accurate information
- Prepare survey CAD drawings, including as-built drawings of the field data collected
- Perform volume calculations and 3D models as required
- Prepare surfaces and DTMs when necessary
- Prepare and adjust survey control from field traverses
- Manage digital data and serve as interface between design engineering and construction survey teams.
- Review incoming field data files for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain a log of all electronic drawing files
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have an engineering degree or diploma and two years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You work positively within a team to achieve a common goal of completion of the project
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D with specific Experience in programming for construction survey
- Trimble business center experience
- Construction Survey experience
- Experience with Trimble total stations and GNSS
- Very strong base in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Strong computer skills
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.