Student Field Coordinator (Fall 2017 Co-op)
EllisDon is a global construction services company that focuses on the following aspects: maximizing the success of our clients, creating terrific opportunities for our employees and demonstrating innovative leadership within our company.
At EllisDon we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire individuals who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. At EllisDon all employees have the freedom to make their career what they want it to be.
This project is based in Ottawa, Ontario. This is a government project and the selected student is required to obtain and maintain Reliability/Secret clearance. Further details about the project will be provided to candidates selected for interviews.
This is a four (4) month work term position.
The purpose of this Co-op position is to provide the Co-op student with a valuable learning experience and the tools to help progress in their program through a work term with EllisDon. The Co-op student will provide support to one (or more) people within their project.
- The student will work in the Junior Engineering field capacity to assist the project team;
- Extensive use of EllisDon's project management software tool which houses all project information to include the following items:
- Maintain/update change notice log
- Update drawings / specifications based on change notices
- Maintain / update site instruction log
- Log receipt of shop drawings
- Issue reviewed shop drawings to subcontractors
- Take progress photographs and Take damage/condition photographs
- Assist Superintendents with drawing reviews and miscellaneous quantity take-offs
- Perform workforce counts
- Prepare change notice summaries for owner/construction manager review
- Assist in general filing
- Order drawing reprints
- Assist field engineers with miscellaneous surveying / layout tasks /quantity surveying/total station
- Assembly of Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- Follow-up on deficiency lists.
- Scheduling and co-coordinating subtrades
- General assistance in site supervision.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MUST be enrolled in a relevant College or University co-op or internship program;
- MUST have Reliability or Secret clearance or the ability to obtain said clearance;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EllisDon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.