EllisDon is a global construction services company that focuses on the following aspects: maximizing the success of our clients, creating terrific opportunities for our employees and demonstrating innovative leadership within our company.
At EllisDon we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire individuals who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. At EllisDon all employees have the freedom to make their career what they want it to be.
This co-op position is based in Ottawa, Ontario. The Estimating division works to secure new and exciting projects for EllisDon. The co-op student will enjoy learning about the strategy behind winning bids, the utilization of the required software and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The purpose of this Co-op position is to provide the Co-op student with a valuable learning experience and the tools to help progress in their program through a work term with EllisDon. The Co-op student will provide support to one (or more) people within their team.
This is a four (4) month work term position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Assist with calculations of various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per manhour, equipment, etc.,
- Assist with obtaining scopes of work and pricing from subcontractors and suppliers,
- Assist with researching historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates,
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents,
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures,
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MUST be enrolled is a College or University co-op or internship program;
- Enrolment in Construction Engineering Technician, Civil Engineering Technology or Bachelor of Building Science programs is preferred
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
EllisDon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.