Site Clerk - OLRT
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
Are you a passionate, dedicated professional who values excellence? The Ottawa Light Rail Transit project is looking for you! Join our team as we work towards delivering Ottawa's most significant infrastructure project in over 100 years.
Reporting to the Construction Segment Manager, the Site Clerk will be responsible for supporting the tunnel construction team by performing a variety of administrative and clerical duties. This position will work on a busy construction site that could have occational disagreeable environment (noise, dirt).
In the position of Site Clerk - OLRT, we would ask you to do the following:
- Maintain an inventory of required office materials and place orders as required
- Perform clerical duties as required, including printing documents and photocopying
- Record meeting minutes for Segment Managers and Construction team and prepare minutes for distribution as directed
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments
- Greet guests and ensure appropriate access to the project site
- Draft documents, emails and other correspondence
- Book boardrooms and assist with presentation set up
- Oversee the maintenance of the office, including coordination of cleaning services
- Complete various other duties as assigned
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent certificate; post-secondary education in a construction or administration related field considered an asset
- Minimum of one year of related administrative experience
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently
- The ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.