Senior Accountant, Project Asset Management
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
In the position of Senior Accountant we would ask you to do the following:
- Assist with the comprehensive financial management of, and accounting for, our special purpose entities (SPE) for Public - Private Partnership (P3) projects, each up to several hundred million dollars in scope.
- Coordinate between numerous stakeholders including lenders, legal counsel, consultants, construction contractors, service providers, SPE vendors, and other internal managers.
- Manage payments, receipts and distributions, and perform full-cycle accounting for the SPEs.
- Prepare and assess the cash flow projections of each SPE, identify material variances, and ensure ongoing compliance under SPE cash flow curves and project agreements.
- Assist with inputs for P3 proposals, and in closing successful bids.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for partners, and assist with year-end audits.
- Participate in other special projects for the EllisDon group of companies, as needed.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a strong accounting background, with experience in ASPE and IFRS, and hold a CPA designation.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in Public Accounting.
- You have experience reviewing complex contracts and agreements.
- You are a well-organized, proactive and detail oriented individual able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are a highly technical accountant that has strong attention to detail and can offer process improvements and innovative solutions.
- You possess strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.