At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of helping us safely operate new and exciting projects. It can be a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy making sure everyone on site is safe at all times. Your co-workers look to you for answers, as a manager you have the freedom to excel. When you drive down the road and you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of Safety Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Be responsible for safety orientation, job site inspections and accident/injury reports
- Organize and conduct training programs including but not limited to: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them
- Follow lockout/tagout procedures
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have two to four years of safety construction experience
- You are working towards, or are already certified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations with experience working on a large scale construction site
- You have the ability to delegate and influence others to follow safety rules and regulations
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.