At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
In the position of a Safety Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Be responsible for safety orientation, job site inspections and accident/injury reports.
- Organize and conduct training programs including but not limited to: WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid.
- Monitor employees and subcontractors on site to ensure compliance to safety procedures and escalate issues to resolution.
- Proactively identify and prevent hazardous situations and take necessary measures to correct them.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have two to four years of safety construction experience.
- You are working towards, or are already certified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations with experience. working on a large scale construction site.
- You have the ability to delegate and influence others to follow safety rules and regulations.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.