The Keeyask Generating Station is a hydroelectric project for the lower Nelson River in northern Manitoba. BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the generating station including a seven-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for a Quantity Engineer. This position will be located near Gillam, Manitoba and living on the associated construction camp.
Picture the Possibilities
To ensure all quantities are tracked for production and cost tracking purposes in line with the contract requirements. This involves, but is not limited to, preparing reports, participating in weekly coordination meetings, coordinating with various disciplines, reviewing drawings, doing quantity takeoffs, claiming quantities for budgetary and cost controls purposes. This requires a detail orientated and organized individual.
In the position of Quantity Engineer, we would ask you to do the following:
- Verifying and preparing reports for all quantities for reconciliation with the client
- Prepare quantities for bi-weekly cost reports and work closely with project controls
- Work closely with survey for quantity verification
- Review drawings and design models to verify quantity take-offs
- Preform analysis of completed structures to verify if all quantities were installed to neat line or over
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Equivalent experience in a construction-related position will also be considered
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficient in Excel and experienced in PDF Editor.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an asset
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.