Quality Control Coordinator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates under the direction of a QA/QC Lead in monitoring the implementation of the project quality program/plan.
- Reviews project quality documentation for conformance to quality program/plan requirements and reports comments to the QA/QC Lead.
- Reviews incoming communications for subject matter content and routes them to the appropriate QA/QC Lead for attention. Composes routine correspondence in response to inquiries from other departments or external entities.
- Monitors follow-up actions required by the QA/QC Lead.
- Inspects incoming materials by verifying and confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable products and materials.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and wastes and submitting reports to the Quality Technical Coordinator.
- Sign off all inspection records of direct work, performed directly by TransED, as "Witnessed" if physically attended and "Reviewed" if was not presented at the time of inspection, with any other comment or observation made during the inspection or review of the quality records
- Sign off all Work Inspection Report (WIR) of all work performed by subcontractors, "Witnessed" or "Reviewed" as the case may be, with any additional comments or observation made during the inspection or review of the work and quality records.
- Verifies sub-contractor's sampling and testing process. Audits and reviews test reports with sub-contractor and addressing and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Coordinates with Construction Coordinators for on-going activities, including but not limited to excavation, backfilling, compaction, rebar inspection, formwork inspection, Field Density test, concrete pouring, asphalting, etc.
- Reviews the relevant documents prior to the commencement of new work activities and make sure the following is in place: approved Method Statement, ITP, Material Receipt Acceptance, no unresolved NCR that may affect the work, Material is properly stored and handled according to the manufacturer recommendation, approved design drawings, precedent work has been signed off and accepted.
- Performs surveillances during construction and inform the Construction Coordinators of any issues or discrepancies observed.
- Identifies and records any areas of the work that does not comply with the approved IFC drawings and/or specifications.
- Liaises with the testing personnel. Accompanies and monitors testing personnel on the project when sampling and tests are being conducted.
- Verifies the implementation of corrective and preventive actions to ensure correct resolution of identified QC issues within the assigned area of work.
- Identifies non-conforming materials upon delivery as per the project Materials Storage Control procedure and confirm that they are quarantined and not made available for use in the works.
- Coordinates with internal and external concerned parties to ensure that inspections and tests are conducted in accordance with project specifications and approved codes and standards.
- The Quality Inspector(s) is given the authority to identify quality control deviations on the project and to record these and report them to the QA/QC Lead.
- Extracts data from reference material, either technical or non-technical in scope. Compiles, analyzes and prepares, prepare information for studies or reports, such as charts and graphs.
- Organizes material for meetings and presentations.
- Complies with records management program. Maintains files of various historical data.
- Knowledge is normally acquired through a recognized technologist degree and/or specialized courses in quality and/or practical work experience in fields of field engineering, construction, testing.
- Technical knowledge in the application of construction, field engineering and testing practices sufficient to comprehend applicable requirements.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with applicable computer applications.
Heads up! Employers know that top students and grads use TalentEgg. When you apply, don't forget to indicate that you found this job on TalentEgg.