Quality Assurance Analyst
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities
As a member of the QA team, you will work closely with the Product management team and java development team to ensure all product development items and bug fixes are efficiently reviewed in order to ensure product quality while maintaining timeline commitments. You will also work closely with the IT Operations team on Problem Management processes that support production environments.
In the position of Quality Assurance Analyst , we would ask you to do the following:
- Accurately review specifications ensuring both business and technical understanding as appropriate.
- Create test plans based on business requirements during the development process.
- Create test automation scripts through the use of tools.
- Ensure client satisfaction with new functionality releases (minimal bugs experienced by clients when new functionality it introduced).
- Work effectively within different software development processes depending on the needs of the project (e.g. Agile, Waterfall development processes).
- Provide business / technical leadership, and problem solving assistance to other colleagues.
- Conduct root cause analysis on problems or tickets identified by the Service Desk
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- College or University degree with emphasis on business or computer systems.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an analytical approach to documentation.
- Possess a basic understanding of application programming, database and system design.
- Sound knowledge of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, client/server architectures and an understanding of Web 2.0 trends and technologies.
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly and train/coach colleagues as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Superior problem solving skills in a conceptual environment.
- Experienced with software development tools such as Jira, and QA automation tools such as Selenium
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.