Quality Assurance Analyst (IT Operations)
As a member of the QA team, you will work closely with the Product management team and java development team to ensure all product development items and bug fixes are efficiently reviewed in order to ensure product quality while maintaining timeline commitments. You will also work closely with the IT Operations team on Problem Management processes that support production environments.
In the position of a Quality Assurance Analyst, we would ask you to do the following:
- Accurately review specifications ensuring both business and technical understanding as appropriate.
- Create test plans based on business requirements during the development process.
- Create test automation scripts through the use of tools.
- Ensure client satisfaction with new functionality releases (minimal bugs experienced by clients when new functionality it introduced).
- Work effectively within different software development processes depending on the needs of the project (e.g. Agile development process)
- Provide business and technical leadership, and problem solving assistance to other colleagues.
- Conduct root cause analysis on problems or tickets identified by the Service Desk.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- College or University degree with emphasis on business or computer systems.
- 3-5 Years of experience working on web application systems
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an analytical approach to documentation.
- Possess a basic understanding of application programming, database and system design.
- Sound knowledge of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, server, architectures and an understanding of trends and technologies.
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly and train colleagues as required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Superior problem solving skills in a conceptual environment.
- Experienced with software development tools such as Jira and QA automation tools such as Selenium.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.