Project Coordinator, Architectural Specialties
Oxford Builders Architectural Specialties Division has expanded and in need of Project Coordinators with experience in Division 10 industries. As a national distributor, your role as a coordinator will include the coordination of projects from Vancouver to Halifax. In this fast paced environment the preferred candidate is expected to have a thorough knowledge of the extensive variety of products and services Oxford Builders provides including Partitions, Washroom Acc's, Lockers, Visual Display systems and Wall Protection. Your extensive experience in this industry will be instrumental in building this new division.
Picture the Possibilities as a Project Coordinator
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of helping us secure new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy the strategy behind winning bids, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of a Project Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Assist the Project Managers and Superintendents in various projects with administration and field work
- Work with manufacturers and suppliers to order, schedule, receive, and deliver products for jobs (ie. Acc's, Visual Display Surfaces, Lockers )
- Work alongside and regularly communicate with the General Contractor as well as owners, architects and engineers
- Review, interpret and update construction schedules
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date shop drawings, track the status of RFI's, obtain quotations for notices of change, Update and assemble as-built documents
- Conduct quality control activities, inspection programs and periodic updating of construction progress records
- Coordinate safety documents and installation for onsite activities with our installation teams.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and two years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a solid understanding of Division 10 and Architectural Specialties
- You have a working knowledge of scheduling and project management software
- You work positively within a team to achieve a common goal of completion of the project
- Travel to the GTA and Southwestern Ontario is required
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.