What do you enjoy about Toronto? We love that we have had the opportunity to build some innovative and awe inspiring buildings like the Art Gallery of Ontario and the Rogers Centre in a world class city. But we are not done yet. Not even close. We have some exciting new projects to break ground soon and we need talented and entrepreneurial individuals to join our team.
At all levels of our organization we promote an entrepreneurial way of thinking. We want everyone to think creatively, to innovate, and to bring forward their ideas. To challenge convention, invent, develop, optimize, and refuse to slow down, as the rest of the industry tries to keep pace.
Still not convinced? Take a look at how people in the industry view us:
- Aon Hewitt's "Best Employer in Canada" for the last 12 years (proudly, the highest ranking group for the last 9 years!)
- Deloitte's "50 Best Managed Companies" (Platinum ranking last 6 years);
- Best Employee Value Proposition;
- "Most Admired Corporate Cultures" by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Financial Post's Ten Best Companies to work for;
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2013)
But what separates us from our competitors?
The people of EllisDon are what differentiates us from our competitors, and will continue to be the driving force of our growth for years to come. EllisDon exists to empower driven minds. We believe that by providing freedom and empowering one another, we will invariably, out-perform, out-deliver and be at the forefront of our industry. We give one another the freedom and authority to lead and we are fast, fluid, and flexible because the world demands it and, more importantly, because we demand it of ourselves.
Never settling for the status quo or doing anything just because 'that's the way it's always been done' is a large part of the entrepreneurial spirit that sets EllisDon apart from our competitors. It is our people and our unique culture that continues to support this as they chose to grow internally and take on new challenges and opportunities.
In the position of Project Accountant we would ask you to do the following:
- Read and understand project related contracts and subcontractor documentation to ensure project set up procedures are aligned with contract terms and conditions;
- Collect, reconcile, seek approval and process all project related subcontractor payments, general expenditures, internal hourly payroll costing allocations and all other financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet all contract payment terms;
- Assemble client billing packages in accordance with approval procedures and processes to ensure client is in receipt of billings on a timely basis and payments are received as per contract terms and conditions;
- Maintain accurate and timely cash flow data, both current and forecasted as compared to projected cash flow assumed in financial model (as applicable to the project);
- Provide internal distribution of financial information to evaluate profitability and performance compared to the established forecast & budget;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing monthly reports for owner/consultant and internal reporting;
- Administer all approved change orders and maintain accurate records in tracking contemplated change notices, change directives and requests for information;
- Provide direct financial communication with the owner, subcontractors, internal financing department and project team;
- Required educational background and experience:
- You have post-secondary education in Business Administration/Commerce along with one to three years of relevant accounting experience in a construction environment or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience;
- Pursuing a CPA designation may be considered an asset
- You have working knowledge of various accounting databases and you are an expert with Excel;
- You have the ability to correctly identify financial situations and produce logical solutions to support a project team/business area;
- You demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and analytical skills as well as a keen willingness to work independently and on-site at project locations;
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
EllisDon is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.