For over 30 years EllisDon Ottawa has had the honour of building unique and complex projects spanning from Kingston to Montreal, to Sudbury and the great white north. Our projects include Heritage restoration; new build P3 projects, DBFM projects, renovations and building upgrades for clients in the public and private sectors; these and new upcoming projects range from $8 million to $400 million in value. At the moment we have over 15 active projects in immediate Ottawa area as well as in Kingston, Petawawa, Cambridge Bay, and Resolute Bay. Given the nature of some of these projects, we require a team of construction professionals with CISD Secret Clearance or at minimum eligibility to receive clearance.
EllisDon's Ottawa Team Members had the opportunity to work on these projects:
- 144 Wellington
- 180 Wellington
- Ottawa Hospital CCA Addition
- Monfort Hospital Redevelopment
- MHLH Pettawawa
- OLRT - MSF
Do you wish you worked on one of these? Well, EllisDon Ottawa has new unique and large scale projects starting in the next few months; do not miss out on another opportunity to work on a legacy project.
Never settling for the status quo or doing anything just because 'that's the way it's always been done' is a large part of the entrepreneurial spirit that sets EllisDon apart from our competitors. It is our people and our unique culture that continues to support this as they chose to grow internally and take on new challenges and opportunities.
In the position of Project Accountant we would ask you to do the following:
- Manage and coordinate proper functioning of the accounting, computer and area systems
- Administer and assure timely and accurate completion of monthly progress billings, receivables, subcontractor payments, bank deposits and processing of trade payables
- Manage all area accounting databases to ensure timely maintenance, security and control
- Perform general ledger control accounts verification, identifying additions or deletions to accounts in general ledger to improve control
- Assist internal costing department by coordinating search for records, preparation of account reconciliations and controlling account confirmation activity
- Maintain and control area office petty cash account and reporting on area budgets
Required educational background and experience:
- You have an accounting degree and four years of accounting experience in a construction environment or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have project management experience in a construction environment
- You have advanced working knowledge of the AS400 system and other relative databases
- You have the ability to identify complex problems and produce logical solutions to help support project teams
- Must have CISD (PWSGC) Secret Clearance