At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities as a Payroll Administrator
You come into work every day knowing that you are supporting the success of our team. It can be a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy ensuring that each employee gets paid accurately and on time. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I supported that coming together".
In the position of a Payroll Administrator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Assist in processing timesheets and producing cheques for a large amount of employees weekly
- Prepare monthly union reports and remit payments for all union benefits
- Process wage increases as indicated on union schedules
- Respond to Government inquiries in a professional manner and produce letters of employment
- Support accounting functions in regards to payroll and employee cost allocation
- Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have two to three years of payroll administration experience in a unionized environment
- You have the ability to read and interpret collective agreements and determine related payroll requirements.
- You have a working knowledge of payroll databases
- You have the ability to make quick decisions in a demanding environment, where your performance could have an impact on other employees
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.