Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Bid Coordinator
At EllisDon, we're constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and EllisDon) further.
Picture the Possibilities as a O&M Bid Coordinator
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you take pride in knowing that you are involved in multiple facilities management and bidding activities. Co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at this global and high profile project and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of O&M Bid Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Work in conjunction with the Facilities Services Bid Team; coordinate with team members and various stakeholders in the planning and bidding of Request for Qualifications (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) for Operations and Maintenance of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects.
- Help develop bid submissions including narratives, project references and key individual resumes for PPP project bids. This includes planning, structuring and technical writing of proposal questions; research of current projects in operations and liaising with key individuals to develop resumes for submission.
- Assist bid team in development of financial models used to bid RFPs, this includes developing lifecycle cost models, labour analysis and estimating of facilities yearly operations and maintenance costs.
- Provide support to operations team with projects currently in the Facilities Services portfolio. This entails assisting with creation of schedules for Sub-trades for Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) work; manage and respond to RFIs/Variations/Incident Reports/Invoices; maintain current contracts and, initiate and develop contracts including estimation of coast and tracking of financial expenditures.
- Assist with development of tools to be utilized by bid team. Tools include development of benchmark operations data, development of bid submission databases and financial models.
- Participate and contribute to bid planning and/or operational meetings, develop and distribute meeting minutes and follow on action items and deliverables.
- Assist Facilities Services team as required in various other adhoc projects for project reviews, bids, life-cycle analysis, risk management, consulting, asset and BIM population, etc.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have an Engineering, Project or Facility Management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training with a minimum of three (3) years facilities management experience.
- You are proficient in the use of MS Office with knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of Design, Construction and Operations processes, along with knowledge of systems maintenance planning and life-cycling.
- You have an understanding technical and legal specifications, drawings and mechanical, electrical and architectural systems.
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com. Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
EllisDon is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.