The Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station project is being built on the Lower Nelson River in Northern Manitoba.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the hydroelectric generating station including a 7-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will work from BBE's site near Gillam and living on the associated construction camp.
In the position of Mechanical Engineer we would ask you to do the following:
- The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for developing the detailed work plans for the Mechanical, piping and instrumentation work, development of ITP's, development of JHA's, ensuring the materials are available when required/properly stored and maintained, arranging/witnessing the Mechanical testing, punch-listing the completed works and interfacing with plant operations personnel.
- Leads construction engineers in a broad range of construction engineering work, as well as design engineering in order to issue mechanical designs that are within our scope, and specifically within the
- Mechanical Engineering discipline for a particular area of the project. Provides engineering assistance to superintendents, directs assigned personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design requirements.
- Initiates requisitions for field purchases. Assists subordinate construction engineers and superintendents in interpreting design drawings, monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment, and assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection. Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data. Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule. Ensures that vendors' bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates with the Construction Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and continuously interfaces with client personnel on matters pertaining to negotiations on subcontract changes.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, design, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or Hydro dams. Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents. Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors is preferred.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- An understanding of the application and requirements of Project Environmental, Safety & Health.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Proficient in written and verbal English is required
- Willingness to work in remote sub-arctic camp location
- Experience working in joint venture environments preferred
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
EllisDon is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.