Mechanical & Electrical Coordinator
For over 30 years, EllisDon Ottawa has the honour of building unique and complex projects spanning from Kingston to Montreal, to Sudbury and the great white north. Our projects include Heritage Restoration; new build P3 projects, DBFM projects, Renovations and Building Upgrades for clients in the public and private sectors; these and new upcoming projects range from $8 million to $400 million in value. At the moment we have over 15 active projects in immediate Ottawa area as well as in Kingston, Petawawa, Cambridge Bay, and Resolute Bay. Given the nature of some of these projects, we require a team of construction professionals with CISD Secret Clearance or at minimum eligibility to receive clearance.
EllisDon's Ottawa Team Members had the opportunity to work on these projects:
- 144 Wellington
- 180 Wellington
- Ottawa Hospital CCA Addition
- Monfort Hospital Redevelopment
- MHLH Pettawawa
- OLRT - MSF
Do you wish you worked on one of these? Well, EllisDon Ottawa has new unique and large scale projects starting in the next few months; do not miss out on another opportunity to work on a legacy project.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key part of building new and exciting projects. It's a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy acting as the liaison between Mechanical and Electrical consultants and subcontractors on site. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think "I know how that came together".
In the position of Mechanical & Electrical Coordinator, we would ask you to do the following:
- Plan, direct and coordinate all on-site mechanical & electrical activities to comply with specifications, requirements and codes
- Coordinate all relevant drawings and information to eliminate interference problems
- Provide direction during functional performance testing of all mechanical and electrical systems
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents in updating and achieving schedule requirements, mechanical and electrical RFI's and shop drawings and administrate mechanical/electrical project completion requirements
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have a construction related degree/diploma and two years of mechanical and electrical construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- You have a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering systems, principles and practices
- You have the ability to proactively identify and document any problems/conflicts and effectively manage and resolve them
- You must have PWGSC (CISD) Secret Clearance
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.