About the project:
The Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station project is being built on the Lower Nelson River in Northern Manitoba.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the hydroelectric generating station including a 7-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for Junior Buyer who will work out of our Winnipeg Office, working a Monday to Friday work week.
In the position of Junior Buyer, we would ask you to do the following:
- Processes purchasing documentation (i.e. Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Cancellation Forms, Non-Conformance Reports) in accordance with ATS Policies and Procedures.
- Track, monitor, and maintain Purchase Order deliveries and liaise with the Project team to maintain production schedules.
- Communicates with and evaluates vendors to ascertain their ability to meet company requirements, goals and objectives.
- Negotiates prices, credit terms, discounts and delivery arrangements with suppliers.
- Expedites problems with suppliers and vendors regarding costs, quality, quantity and delivery of goods purchased.
- Keeps informed of new sources of supply for materials and services.
- Performs on-going review of product, service, equipment and expense usage to identify new opportunities for cost savings.
- Resolves invoicing discrepancies.
- Effective use of historical and other bench marking data to ensure competitive pricing.
- Assist Senior Buyers and Buyers with special projects and/or tasks as required.
- Adhere to all Procedures and departmental Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in purchasing or equivalent. Member of Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) is an asset.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- One to two years purchasing experience in construction environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and other MS Office software.
- Theoretical and hands-on knowledge of purchasing and material planning concepts in a job shop atmosphere.
- Proven organizational, negotiation, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact in a team environment
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.