Industrial Relations Assistant
The Keeyask Hydroelectric Generating Station project is being built on the Lower Nelson River in Northern Manitoba.
BBE Hydro Constructors LP is the General Civil Works Contractor, responsible for elements of the hydroelectric generating station including a 7-unit powerhouse complex, concrete spillway, approximately 2.2-kilometres of earth dam structures and 23.0-kilometres of earth dyke structures.
BE Hydro Constructors LP is currently looking for Industrial Relations Assistant who will work out of our Winnipeg Office, working a Monday thru Friday workweek.
In the position of Industrial Relations Assistant , we would ask you to do the following:
- Provides administrative support to the site Industrial Relations team, provides information and assistance in response to a wide variety of inquiries related to all aspects of IR from clients and departmental staff. Provides customer service and assists with day-to-day operations.
- Provides timely, accurate and thorough information and services in response to internal and external requests. Provides detailed explanations on the processes and procedures applicable to the work of the function.
- Drafts, formats and revises various documents including employer proposals, memoranda of agreement, collective agreements, class specifications, letters, memos and reports.
- Prepares and maintains records for all aspects of IR in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Supports IR staff with projects to develop and implement methods and procedures to increase efficiency and address work requirements.
- Liaises with internal and external contacts to coordinate activities and provide or request information. May assist in planning and arranging meetings and attends to logistical concerns such as booking meeting space and preparing material and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- 2 years of recent, related experience supplemented by high school graduation and completion of relevant post-secondary courses in office or business administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience providing administrative support in a IR setting is an asset.
- Sound skills and abilities related to office administration practices, procedures, technology and standard protocols.
- Practical knowledge of human resources and labor relations principles and processes from an administrative perspective.
- Ability to work independently under general direction, including using judgment to manage and prioritize day-to-day priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and considerable skill providing a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively listen and assist in resolving problems. Demonstrated ability to work from oral or written instructions, draft and revise business correspondence and format and revise large documents with columns and complex numbering conventions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- A high level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills including the ability to efficiently and accurately perform work within tight timelines. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, address multiple interruptions, prioritize work.
- Ability to exercise substantial discretion and deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to apply policies, procedures and instructions to routine and unique situations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong organization skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it! Apply today at www.ellisdon.com
Accommodation for Applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.